Careers - We are Hiring!
Job Description: Director of Innovation & Partnerships
VentureFuel is THE innovation resource for the biggest brands in the world – from AB InBev to Comcast to Coca-Cola. We connect these brands to what’s next now – from breakthrough startups to emerging technologies. Large companies spend $1.961 trillion dollars on R&D each year but struggle to keep pace with entrepreneurs. We help these large companies partner with startups to drive growth, identify white spaces, and avoid disruption.
We are changing the game, and looking for a dynamic, hungry, competitive team member that is curious and passionate about innovative solutions and emerging technologies. Detail-oriented, comfortable managing complex projects, and presenting to clients. You need to be able to learn quickly and simplify complex things succinctly.
You will be working directly with business leaders, VCs, and founders to deliver against our F500 global corporate clients’ innovation programs. You will be responsible for leading corporate innovation programs, ensuring exceptional results for our clients. Many of these programs are stealth, but here are examples of a few of our public facing programs:
You will report into the Sr. Director of Innovation & Partnerships. This job is not typical, because our business is atypical by design. If you are a talented and curious up-and-comer looking for more autonomy and to make a greater impact, we have a dynamic, fast-paced environment for you to grow with. We hire for talent and potential, and often find them in adjacent industries, so direct experience is not always necessary. Typical job types that would translate well to this role include: running accelerators or incubators, PR/event/partnership leads building and executing client-facing programs, anyone who has managed multi-faceted events, experiences or consultative projects. We are rapidly expanding our business and our team, so there are fantastic growth opportunities for your career.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and creative problem solver with a passion for innovation. You need to be able to demonstrate your ability to work with corporate clients as well as cross-functionally. You will need to think strategically about big business innovation needs and simultaneously startup growth challenges. From day 1, you will lead client discovery calls to uncover needs, source and vet startups in emerging spaces, build strategic programs (like the accelerators and pilot programs above), all to deliver against client goals and cultivate long-term relationships.
You must be…
A Strong Storyteller: Poise, gravitas, charisma, ability to think quickly on your feet. You need to be able to sit comfortably in front of the CMO as well as large teams, ask great questions and present solutions confidently. Able to present information succinctly and articulately over email. Able to tell a compelling story in editorial form for thought leadership editorial and social copy.
Curious & Great at Asking Questions: Whether speaking with corporate partners, vetting startups, or building relationships with business partners, you must be able to ask pertinent questions that get to the core of what we are trying to understand so we can make informed business decisions.
An Excellent Project Manager: Detail-oriented and organized. Able to prioritize and work efficiently to keep projects on schedule. Must be comfortable working with cross-disciplinary teams and excellent at communicating to ensure all parties are informed and aligned.
A Master Researcher: You must be able to work systematically and creatively to find and take stock of pertinent information then be able to synthesize the most relevant and interesting insights and present findings back to the team.
A Natural Networker: Comfortable with cold outreach to prospects (Brand, Startups and VCs) and introducing VF. You will need to be a champion for the work we do and represent our business to relevant industries and at conferences/events.
- Understand Corporate Partners’ business and innovation priorities and challenges through written and verbal briefings.
- Lead brainstorm or strategy calls with clients to facilitate external innovation process
- Develop and finetune corporate innovation program structure and strategy, including managing and executing full accelerator and pilot programs for clients.
- Source, recruit and drive the pipeline of startup solutions for our corporate challenges. Lead calls with entrepreneurs, brands and investors.
- Perform screenings of companies and evaluate their fit for each partner program.
- Coach startups on presentation and positioning that aligns with program or event objective.
- Craft and communicate clear recommendations externally to clients and internally to supporting team members to drive programs forward.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Monitor key industry trades and happenings to stay up to date on latest tech trends and news.
- Represent VentureFuel in the startup/investor community regionally, globally and on social media.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree in Business, Communications, Innovation or a related field preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the Corporate Innovation, Startup/Venture Capital, Consulting or other relevant industry verticals
- Account, Project/Program Management, Research experience
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish preferred but not required)
- Experience managing complex programs
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined goals and quotas
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated – “all-hands-on-deck” mentality to ensure project success
- Excellent client service skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint) and CRM software
Flexible: Remote Work
Please send a cover letter and resume to Shira Averbuch at email@example.com