Careers - We are Hiring!
Job Description: Innovation Manager: Events & Operations
VentureFuel is THE innovation resource for the biggest brands in the world – from AB InBev to Comcast to Coca-Cola. We connect these brands to what’s next now – from breakthrough startups to emerging technologies. Large companies spend $1.961 trillion dollars on R&D each year but struggle to keep pace with entrepreneurs. We help these large companies partner with startups to drive growth, identify white spaces, and avoid disruption.
We are looking for an Innovation Manager: Events & Operations to help manage our extensive client programs and events, as well as VentureFuel-owned programs, specifically:
- Corporate Accelerators – like our product accelerator with the State of California.
- Co-Pilot Programs – like our programs with Comcast or AARP Foundation.
- What’s Next Now Event Series – like our Sustainability and Future of Fan Experience
- The VentureFuel Podcast – 100+ episodes on Apple or wherever you listen to podcasts.
You will play a lead role in project planning and implementation across multiple simultaneous programs, with a specific focus on logistics, operations and event planning.
Our programs are a combination of in-person, hybrid and virtual experiences and in short time, you will be responsible for the total execution of each, including managing schedules and deadlines, and playing a lead role in preparing client-facing decks and status reports.
From an event perspective, you will ensure that all materials and information (logos, headshots, bios, blurbs) are gathered and coordinate all schedules for events, recordings, pitch days and the like.
You will report directly into the Senior Director of Innovation, and support projects with both the CEO and Head of Brand Strategy from day 1.
The ideal candidate for Innovation Manager: Events & Operations will be an organized multitasker with an intense attention to detail and an eye for overall event planning and execution.
This job is not typical, because our business is not conventional by design.
If you are a talented up-and-comer looking for new opportunities to make a real impact – we have a dynamic, fast-paced environment for you to grow. We are rapidly expanding our business and our team, so there are fantastic growth opportunities for your career.
Typical job types/experience that would do well in this role include:
- event planning,
- project management (PR, Events, client projects),
- experience design,
- live event curation,
- brand innovation,
- consumer experiences, etc.
We hire for talent and potential over experience.
You must be…
Excellent at keeping projects on time: Detail-oriented and organized. Able to prioritize and work efficiently to keep projects on schedule and deadlines top of mind. Must be comfortable working with everyone from CEOs to Founders to cross-disciplinary teams.
A succinct over-communicator: Excellent at communicating clearly and succinctly to ensure all parties are informed and aligned.
An experience-builder: Whether an in-person or virtual event, demo day or client meeting, you are constantly focused on creating best-in class experiences for our community. Your passion for putting on a “good show” should shine through.
A doer: With a bias for action, the ability to do fast-paced work and to transition from one project to another without skipping a beat. You see a problem, and think, “I can solve this!”
A proactive team player: Teamwork makes the dreamwork and we always aim to overperform. You see an opportunity to help, over-perform or make something better you don’t hesitate to jump in, even if it’s outside of your “job title.”
- Partner with the Sr. Director of Innovation and other Innovation team members to develop program plans, and then ensure a successful execution of the program elements and events, meeting (or exceeding) all goals and deadlines
- Own the overall logistics, operations, administration, scheduling, calendar management and event planning for programs
- Request and gather necessary assets from various players involved in programs, not limited to bios, headshots, logos, social handles, pitch decks, company information, signatures on documents.
- Create presentation materials for programs as well as client projects.
- Lead communications with 3rd party production companies or other teams to create videos, live events, virtual events, marketing materials and the like.
- Ensure physical products such as startup samples, client gifts, etc. are delivered according to deadlines.
- Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Communicate event/program details with founders, partners, mentors, judges or other program stakeholders to ensure understanding and proper execution
- Ensure that project deliverables are submitted and adhere to quality standards.
- Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or master's degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in Project Management, Experiential Events, Startup Programs or other relevant industry verticals.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but by no means expected. Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies a plus.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined goals and quotas.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated – “all-hands-on-deck” mentality to ensure overall growth and success.
- Excellent client service skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations.
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish preferred but not required).
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint) and CRM software
Flexible: Remote Work.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com