Careers - We're Hiring!
Job Description: Manager of Innovation & Partnerships
VentureFuel is THE innovation resource for the biggest brands in the world – from AB InBev to Pepsi to General Mills to Nike. We connect these brands to what’s next now – from breakthrough startups to emerging technologies. Large companies spend $1.961 trillion dollars on R&D each year, but struggle to keep pace with entrepreneurs. We help these large companies partner with startups to drive growth, identify white spaces and avoid disruption.
We need a dynamic rising star that is curious and passionate about new technology. Detail-oriented, comfortable managing complex projects, and presenting to clients. You need to be able to learn quickly and simplify complex things succinctly.
You will be working with corporate executives, VCs, and startup founders, helping us source emerging opportunities for corporate innovation programs, global startup competitions and events. Hungry, competitive, and ready to work - we are changing the game and need you to break boundaries to help make it happen.
The ideal candidate for this Manager of Innovation role is a strong communicator and creative problem solver with a passion for innovation who demonstrates the ability to work with corporate clients as well as cross-functionally, and can think strategically about business and startup growth challenges.
You must be…
A Master Researcher: You must be able to work systematically and creatively to find and take stock of pertinent information then be able to synthesize the most relevant and interesting insights and present findings back to the team.
An Excellent Project Manager: Detail-oriented and organized. Able to prioritize and work efficiently to keep projects on schedule. Must be comfortable working with cross-disciplinary teams and excellent at communicating to ensure all parties are informed and aligned.
An Effective Communicator and Account Manager: Precise and well adept, you need to quickly assess and respond to any client needs or requests to further build client relationships and success.
Charismatic & Persuasive: Need to be charismatic & practical to inspire corporate partners, instill confidence in startup partners, and build relationships with the broader tech community.
Curious & Great at Asking Questions: Whether speaking with corporate partners, vetting startups, or building relationships with business partners, you must be able to ask pertinent questions that get to the core of what we are trying to understand so we can make informed business decisions.
A Strong Storyteller: Poise, gravitas, charisma and the ability to think quickly on your feet. You need to be able to sit comfortably in front of the CMO as well as large teams, ask great questions and present solutions confidently. You will need to present information succinctly and articulately in presentations and over email and tell a compelling story in editorial form for thought leadership editorial and social copy.
A Natural Networker: Comfortable with cold outreach to prospects (Brand, Startups and VCs) and introducing VF. You will attend conferences and will be asked to introduce VF to people and expand your/our network.
Innovation Responsibilities Include:
- Understanding Corporate Partners’ business and innovation priorities and challenges through written and verbal briefings.
- Source, recruit and drive the pipeline of startup solutions for our corporate challenges. Lead calls with entrepreneurs, brands and investors.
- Monitor key industry trades and happenings to stay up to date on latest tech trends and news.
- Conduct research by leveraging online resources strategically to identify new markets, industry sectors, and startup solutions.
- Gather and organize details on startup companies in our internal database.
- Perform screenings of companies and evaluate their fit for each partner program.
- Craft and communicate clear recommendations internally.
- Represent VentureFuel in the startup/investor community regionally, globally and on social media.
- Coach startups on presentation and positioning that aligns with program or event objective.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
Client Management Responsibilities Include:
- Lead day-to-day communications with clients (verbal or written), create meeting agendas, ensure client requests are noted and followed-up with in a timely manner
- Develop cohesive and concise materials and present solutions to corporate partners.
VentureFuel Organization Responsibilities Include:
- Organize event materials and logistics for VentureFuel events – from demo days to mentor sessions and thought leadership summits.
- Discover opportunities for continuous development and improvement of our team, methods, interactions, and projects with current and potential partners.
- Support the development of long-term strategic plans.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Corporate Innovation, Startup/Venture Capital, Consulting or other relevant industry verticals
- Account/Project Management/Research/Analyst experience
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish preferred but not required)
- Experience managing complex events
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined goals and quotas
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated – “all-hands-on-deck” mentality to ensure project success
- Excellent client service skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint) and CRM software
- Flexible: Remote Work.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Shira Averbuch at firstname.lastname@example.org